Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Where Were You 10 Years Ago?


We got our census form this afternoon. In no time at all, it was filled out and ready to head back to the "Economics and Statistics Administration"--oooh, sounds so fun!!! I love filling out forms, and this was no different. When Chuck called me at work to let me know it arrived, I had to make sure he didn't start filling it out because I wanted to (to be said in whiny voice). Thankfully he knows me well enough to not even touch it.

I remember when I did this in 2000. I was living in a basement apartment with four girls, just about ready to graduate from college. By the end of the year, I'd traveled to Europe for a month, sat around my parents' house waiting for job offers, and then finally accepted one in D.C. and moved the day after Thanksgiving.

Where were you? And do you mark your lives in Census forms like I do?

7 comments:

  1. no, i don't mark my life in census form like you do. but i like that you do.

    so i don't know too many specifics of where i was 10 years ago. except living in provo, going to byu, and probably starting out in the nursing program.

    it's pretty crazy to think of where we'll be the next time the census rolls around. old and with old kids! crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was going to say that i remember living in the good ol' elgin basement with three other girls. i completely remember you filling out the census form for us. how fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love filling out forms too, but I have to say that I was a little disappointed in the census form-- I wanted more questions! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I fixed the link on my blog to those girls' dresses. I can imagine you creating something like those-- you are so handy with a sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally remeber that day, in fact I think we have a picture of it! I should dig it out and post it on my blog. Any-whoo, we also were living in a basement apartment. But ours was in Pocatello, ID. My sister and her 4 kids had stayed the night with us and we were all trying to get ready for church. Did I mention that someone came to our house and asked us the questions? I totally want that job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i filled out my census and dropped it in the mail too!!! honestly i believe i had just started dating preston and waiting for my missionary to return, not sure what would unfold next!!!! WOW. CraZy time in my life!!! CrAzy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love filling these forms out too. i was miffed though that matt beat me to it! grrr. 10 years ago i was on my mission! in NJ. so i guess i got counted somewhere... wonder where the next one will be...

    ReplyDelete