Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mama Dada Clean Nose, Yeah

That's how we started Rhett's second birthday: being woken up to Rhett saying, "Mama Dada clean nose, yeah." Awesome, right? It did get better, I promise. Since I'm a bit too tired right now to recount the day's activities, here's the abridged version.

We spent time outside. We've had the loveliest weather recently and Rhett has really enjoyed being out in it. We played with sticks and tree nuts and looked at flowers.



Inside, we played with the dozen balloons Chuck got.

We had "meat, cheese, cracker, cupcake" for the birthday dinner. It's all Rhett's been talking about for weeks, so how could we not?

All of our local family (and Bruno's godmother) were there to tell Rhett much they love him! He even blew out his two candles.


Then, right on time, we read a couple of new books and sent him to bed.

6 comments:

  1. So cute! What a darling little boy! I love his shirt too! I totally want to steal that idea from you!
    I need to call you about running. Afton is still giving me a hard time when I try to push back her morning nap, so I usually just run through my neighborhood after Sam's school drop off. But a group of woman from the Derwood and Olney wards have started to run early on Saturday mornings- I'll email you the schedule! It would be fun to have you come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so blogger sucks. i just wrote a big long comment and it was deleted. grrrr.

    but basically i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE everything - the adorable birthday boy and shirt, food, balloons, etc. the only lame thing? that i wasn't there.

    happy birthday rhett! sorry i didn't call, though. :( bad aunt-e.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun day! sounds like a great low key bday.: ) love the dinner spread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy bday! With all that snow I can't believe I can see your grass!! Sounds like a great day for little Rhett :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Rhett! What a darling birthday party. I too love the t-shirt, great idea.

    ReplyDelete