Monday, August 2, 2010

Latest Projects

I go through sewing spurts: times when nothing inspires me and I have no money to buy fabric. But then a tidal wave occurs and I want to make every single thing I want to see. I'm definitely in that tidal wave now. Can you tell?

The pillow I made to accompany Rhett's new bed. I finished it in the same way that I did this pillow.

The pajama shorts for ME, not for HIM. I was inspired to add the funny bloomer-like elastic around the bottoms; I love them! I am trying to create a go-to pajama pant pattern. I made the first pair out of this same fabric last night. They're close, but not perfect (dang my huge thighs!). I'm going to the thrift store today to track down more sheets for these. They're perfect for summer.

A pillowcase dress for my niece's birthday.

A different kind of birthday banner; only eight months until we can use it! It's reusable in that the number can come off and then another one will replace it the next year. I like J. Caroline's better, but am fairly pleased with how this turned out.

Freezer paper stencilled pillowcases for Rhett. I don't recommend this. The paint isn't very soft and isn't exactly what you want next to your head. I used the negatives from the freezer paper on the other sides. You're seeing the only side of the robot pillowcase that Rhett will allow to touch his head. These are the "nice robots." The other side contains the "mean robots."

The shade for our new, big window in our basement room.

A growth chart for a friend of mine for her daughters' Christmas present. (Please no comments about me making Christmas gifts already. It's just how I function. I know I'm crazy.) Sorry to spoil the surprise Angie! It'll be in the mail soon. (And I hope you like it.) That big white square? The last name of the girls. I just didn't want it out there for the whole world to see. But trust me; it's cute.

A Thanksgiving Countdown calendar. How cute is this? LeAnne from Everyday Celebrations let me help her by doing a pattern test for this pattern she created. The pattern was super easy to follow and I love the result! Only three more months until I can hang it in my house. Now to do the Christmas one. You can see LeAnne's patterns in her Etsy shop. Go check out her other cute things for sale. Those quiet book kits are awesome.

This funny "visor" that looks more like something the pioneers would wear. My sister made one for her daughter and hers turned out way better than mine. Do you think I can still wear it places? And what, exactly, is wrong with my skin in this picture? Holy moly it looks bad. (The first time I typed that it came out "holy mole." Mmmm....maybe I should make some mole sauce. Do you think Chuck would eat it?)

Finally: as if Rhett needs something else to keep him busy during Sacrament meeting. (Although, now we're only letting him bring two or three of these quiet toys each week. The older he gets, the fewer we'll bring.) I got this tutorial from Jill at Homemade by Jill. Super cute and easy. I didn't do the piping because (1) I'm afraid of it and (2) I'm afraid of it. So there.

5 comments:

  1. since i was talking to you as i looked at them, i don't have much else to say!

    except: CUTE x 10! seriously, i love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see what the "scary" robots look like.
    Seriously, though, you need to teach a class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these projects! They turned out great and you are a VERY fast sewer! I'm impressed!

    And thanks for the crafty blogs you got them from..i added them all to my reader now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are seriously impressive! Such cute things and I especially love the car caddy! I am hoping to find time and courage to attempt that one Carter would love it. Thanks for posting the link:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you start to sew, you aren't kidding around! Wow! Look at all of this stuff! When I sew, it's like one project at a time. They all look awesome. Well done!

    I'm kind of afraid of piping...but also too lazy. Maybe 1. lazy and 2. scared.

    ReplyDelete