Monday, May 23, 2011

Crafting Inspiration

While in Utah, I asked my oh-so-wise cousin Nicole to suggest a fabric shop. In Maryland, there are only three that I frequent. One is JoAnn, the other is G Street, and the last is Capitol Quilts. While the latter two have some fun designer fabrics, I knew Utah could do better. And I knew Nicole would know where. And boy did she.

She recommended two shops: Pine Needles at Gardner Village and another one in South Jordan called Material Girls. Both stores were absolutely lovely. And fun. And fresh. And happy. And just like all the fun craft blogs I read. It was like stepping into my Google Reader. Seriously, they were amazing and I can't thank Nicole enough.

I got so much inspiration from the beautiful things and beautiful fabrics. Now I just have to decide where to start!

Even though I swore I wouldn't do a quilt for Betamax, this tempts me. Strongly.


Piano runner, anyone?


Another fun boy quilt. Love the cars. Even Rhett said it was "so cute." (It says "VROOM" on it.)


Rhett loves him some party hats. And because this one is made from fabric, I love it too.


Have you seen a more fun table runner? I have not.


Cutest skirt ever. Emily, do your girls need matching ones for any reason? Christmas? Family pictures?  Flag Day?


If only my laundry room was not so blah. This would totally go in it.


An inspiring way to use applique.


Just some beautiful fabric that I'd love to find an excuse to buy.


A cool quilt. Love me some squares. And geometry.


A puffy little banner. This one was the only thing that tempted me beyond that which I could bear. So I bought a charm pack with the hopes of making something similar for Betamax.


Now I just have to figure out which one to start with! I think the banner. Excuse me while I await nap time so I can get started.

2 comments:

  1. wowzers! so adorable - everything. can't wait to see what projects you do. . . amazing.

    do they need a skirt? well, need is such a difficult word to definte. :) but if you need to make some of those precious little skirts, i'm sure some july 4th skirts would be adorable. but that doesn't give you much time. we do need some family pictures. you know i would take skirts of any fabric for any reason. can you make me a matching one too? haha, kidding.

    now get to work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got to go see these cute stores!! Now you know what we have to try and avoid :) They always have the cutest things there! So tempting.

    Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete