Monday, May 30, 2011

Latest Projects

Little reversible bonnets for two new baby girls. Tutorial found here on Sew, Mama, Sew. I could not find the picot-edge bias tape anywhere, so just did without. Also, for the second of the two, I just used some cute ribbon instead of small bias tape for the back. I like that much better.


Another diaper cover from Dana's tutorial.


Pacifier clips. This also came from Dana but posted here on Sew, Mama, Sew.


We love having these car seat strap covers (also reversible) for Rhett so I made a couple for Betamax. Tutorial found here at the Michael Miller blog. But note, if you do these, cut your bias tape to 27 or even 28 inches. I really struggled with their suggested 24.


And the Father's Day suspenders. Rhett's came from a tutorial found here at Moda's Bake Shop. A note about these: NO WAY did they just use 29" and have them come up on that little boy as far as they did. Rhett's no tall boy and his are about as long as they get; no room for growing there. I would recommend just cutting the strips to be the width of your fabric and using that instead.

For Chuck's, however, I couldn't find a tutorial for adult men and the pattern I bought was horrible (why do I keep buying crappy patterns?!). Instead I went to the thrift store, found some suspenders, unpicked them, inserted my own fabric, and put them back together. Isn't that awesome?! All for the bargain price of $1.49 + tax. Seriously, I couldn't have bought the hardware for that cheap. Sweet. Rhett's matching bow tie is complete; unfortunately the hardware has proven a bit hard to find for Chuck's tie. But I think Etsy is helping me out.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the great ideas. I'm always looking for cute baby gifts. I think I'm going to try the bonnets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy moly. so awesome. those bonnets will be perfect for summer time! lucky babes.

    the suspenders look great, too. can't wait to see them atually on.

    ReplyDelete