Monday, February 25, 2013

Life as a Poker Game

You know how sometimes when you're playing poker with a bunch of people and everyone has very difficult hands to play (even harder than yours), but strangely, they are fine with it? In fact, they profess to actually love playing poker, even when they have these really ridiculously hard hands? And you feel like a wimp because you're dying with your easier one? No? Okaaaaaaaay.

Then how about this: You know when you are having a really hard time with your kids? Your TWO kids. But you look at everyone else who has three/four/half-dozen kids and they seem to be doing fine. Kids are happy. Moms aren't yell-y. Things are being dusted and swept. But you, with only your two kids and husband who is home more than other husbands, can't seem to handle it all? That's hard. Nobody likes to feel like a wimp.

It's a good thing I love them so much. Seriously. Otherwise, if they didn't look like this some of the time...


and only looked like this instead, well, who knows what would happen.


2 comments:

  1. oh man that ollie! he better grow out of that soon! so sorry.

    someone said to me last week, "your kids are always so good!" WHAT?! she needs to come spend an afternoon/evening with them. sometimes we don't quite get the full picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like this too sometimes. I think we all do because we only see every other mom's successes not the bad moments of everyday life. We see the happy moments on blogs or read about them on Facebook and assume that is how it is all of the time, when in reality, it's not. I like to pretend I've got everything under control, that my house is always organized, that I meal plan consistently, and that I'm so patient with my kids, when in reality, I don't and I'm not. Fake it 'til you make it, right?

    ReplyDelete