Monday, November 6, 2017

Halloween

Last year, Rhett wanted to be Harry Potter, but we convinced him that a ballot box would be awesome and he concurred. However, this year he still wanted to do it which meant Ollie decided he wanted to be Ron Weasley. Done.

Of course I was excited to do some sewing too. The ties and scarves came together quickly, but those capes. Oh those capes. I saw some tutorials online, but wasn't in love with them. So when I saw the Simplicity pattern at Joann that had a little girl dressed as Hermione, I knew I had to do it. I'll tell you what though: NO MORE PATTERNS for me. I just don't speak pattern-ese. It's terrible. I want to write them and tell them to hire me as a translator between pattern-speak and tutorials because tutorials do it so much better. But a week later and more money spent on fabric than just buying them from Amazon and they were done. And I love them.

And once I spend all that time and money making them, I have to find multiple opportunities for the boys to wear them. We did a ward trunk-or-treat, school party, and neighborhood trick-or-treating. I just love Halloween and I love watching my boys enjoy Halloween.









We went trick-or-treating with Rhett's friend. I'm thinking next year, when they're ten, they'll be big enough to go alone, right? I think they can do it.

P.S. The last-minute trunk decoration was a true family effort the day of the trunk-or-treat. We all enjoyed creating it. And now we'll have it forever. It'll work even if we don't go dressed as Gryffindors, right? I thought so. Also, we won second place for best car decoration, so that's awesome.

P.P.S. UGH. I totally forgot to do the lumarias! So mad at myself.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think those costumes could have turned out any better - Rhett and Ollie looked so awesome! I'm glad you did their hair, too - it totally completed your amazing costume.

    Yep, love the trunk decor!

    Man, that's so much candy! I'm sure my kids would be jealous . . . but I'm not. :)

    ReplyDelete