Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Christmas Day

To be honest: December was hard. The boys fought a LOT and were super whiny. We ended up going to drastic measures and took away morning screen time (something they get because (1) they wake up early and (2) they get chores done) and sweets. I also cancelled the advent activities. This meant that as a family we'd only choose the activities that we had time for and really wanted to do. Sorry, red and green dinner. So even though Rhett will complain and say that I ruined all of our traditions, we still did plenty. Believe me.

Not pictured is the drive we took through a lights show. The boys complained that we went on a rainy night. To pacify them, I let them drive. It was hilarious. We also cut snowflakes, sang songs (well, they boys listened to me as I sang songs), drank lots of hot chocolate, and watched plenty of Christmas movies.

We made cookies. We ate cookies (until I banned them).


We made gifts and cards.


And then it was Christmas day! Santa brought this air hockey table. To my surprise, it's much quieter than the one my parents own. Thank goodness.


Ollie got this pig that he just doesn't like. Ha.


Opening more presents.


That evening was dinner with Chuck's brother's family 40 minutes north of us.

And even though it was after Christmas, we made it to Six Flags to see their lights.




Next year we'll go through the advent activities and choose those most important to us. We will not be dictated by a calendar or by whiny boys.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. "Those most important to us." With "us" meaning you and Chuck, right?! :) I vote for that.

    Maybe kids are just soooo excited for Christmas that they can't control their emotions and it comes out all wrong?! Who knows. I'm sure you nor I were like that at all when we were kids . . .

    Still looks and sounds like a pretty fun December! Nice job parents.

    Oh, and awesome about the air-hockey!

    ReplyDelete