Monday, January 28, 2019

Doing Hard Things

Our family has a pretty good life. We have a house. We have cars. We have two good-enough jobs. Heck, I wasn't even furloughed. My boys have two parents. We don't live with the constant worry of where money is coming from or whether there will be a dinner. (The worst my boys experience is whether they will like dinner.) We get to travel to cool places.

Sure, Rhett and Ollie would argue that they do have hard lives. Homework, chores, even having to deal with each other. But I'm smarter than that. It's still a pretty good life. We're lucky/blessed/hard workers/etc.

So I decided that we needed to work on something hard as a family. I came up with a few ideas, but the one we settled on was to hike 100 miles. So we're doing this. Today, Monday, we're going to a new-to-us state park. (It doesn't have camping, so I didn't even know of it.) Even though Chuck is at work, the boys (who are off today for end-of-the-semester) and I are going. We're going to eat hiking power beans and have a great time. I hope. And once we're done, we'll only have 95 miles left.

Pray for us.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome goal! Praying for ya! What do the boys think of the goal?!

    ReplyDelete