Thursday, July 23, 2009

Consider the Disputes Settled

I will now disclose the results of our marital disputes.

1) Initially I shared Daniel's sentiment: that when I was that sweaty and nasty, deodorant was completely pointless. However, Chuck did ask nicely so I put it on. And wow, was I pleasantly surprised! I could no longer smell me! I was shocked. Now, that doesn't mean I felt fresh as a flower, but I at least felt presentable. Using a diaper wipe or the water splash would have been excellent solutions as well. The deodorant couldn't help the salt lick created on my forehead, however. But no one knew that but me.

2) The banner. When you live in Utah, displays of patriotism last until nearly August because of Pioneer Day (that being a much, much bigger holiday than July 4th, of course). So for me, the banner being up in mid-July was not at all offputting. But for Chuck, a person for whom July 24th means very little, it was a little surprising. While I can see his argument (which really wasn't an argument, it was more like, "How long is that going to stay up?" followed by an "Okay."), I'm going to go with Jessica. She and Amanda can be my east coast supporters of this. I just wish I had an answer for her about when to start your patriotic decorating.

3) The pants. Oh the pants. Really? Really? I had no idea I was the only one that preferred pants B to pants A. I guess I'll have to learn to let this go knowing that I'm the only one cringing inside.

Thanks for restoring the bliss to our happy home.

4 comments:

  1. No way I totally like pants B better. Don't cave, stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny.

    i instantly think girl pants when i see the white pants.

    now get on that plane and get here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like pant option B better- they are classic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to be late in voting, but I definitly prefer B to A!

    ReplyDelete