Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sticking It to the Man

Chuck and I got a new cell phone recently and we earned a $50 rebate on this phone. When this rebate, unlike other rebates we've received from Verizon, came in the form of a Visa card, I was furious. To me, they did this because they figure that people won't spend the exact $50 and so they won't be out the entire amount. Because you know, if only 100 people use only $49 of their cards, well, PRESTO! Verizon has made a cool $100. And we know there are far more than 100 people getting Verizon cards. And we know there are far more of them not using the cards to their fullest.

So when I got our card, I swore on my dead pug Thor that I would use every last penny. And I did. Up until yesterday I had $0.61 and I've just been biding my time until I could find a way to use it. Turns out the post office sells a $0.61 stamp. And I am now the proud owner of one. Take that, Verizon!

6 comments:

  1. ha, that's funny. nice work.

    swearing on dead Thor, now that's serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love to year stuff like this...way to go! r.i.p. thor

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used our rebate VISA card from Verizon to pay our Verizon bill--thus using up the entire $50. I was like you I was determined to use every last cent and I did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have $3.11 on my card. You have inspired me to use it!! I also have remembered that I want to buy pendants:) I think I would like to order about 30 (to give out to the teen girls I work with over the next year or so). Email me @ loriann7524@aol.com and let me know prices and where to send the $!! I am SO excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha! Too dang funny. It's so true. I have a card from referring people and I think I have like $3 left on it. I will use it...maybe I could even use Thor as my excuse?

    ReplyDelete