Friday, September 25, 2009

Advice...Again

Rhett started nursery on Sunday. I was unprepared for this: I thought he'd have to wait until this Sunday because last Sunday was one day before his actual 18-month birthday (if there is such a thing). So I was really not ready. But not in the "my-baby's-growing-up-so-fast" not ready sense, rather the "uh, will you keep him until dinner time?" Rhett being my first child in nursery meant that I didn't know the routine. I felt proud that I knew where to go. That's where my knowledge stopped.

Please share with me your wisdom. I need it.

4 comments:

  1. that's IS pretty much your routine: knowing where to drop him off. don't worry about anything else. let the nursery workers let you know if there is anything they need from you or rhett. oh, just let them know where you and/or chuck will be so if there are probs they know where to get you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you take him in, make sure someone knows he's there (that's in charge of course) and you get to take off! If he happens to be allergic to any snacks they may give him, you tell them that, but other than that, you're good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that I am going to be the dissenter here, but I am a big nursery-hater. I really hate the "whole drop them off with a perfect stranger and leave" scenario, esp. at 18 months. I would recommend staying with Rhett during Nursery and observing how things worked. I know you have YW's, but I would try to stay with Rhett during Sunday School and then have C do it during YW's, until you get a feel for the nursery schedule, and the nursery teacher's style. I was shocked (and disppointed) at how my ward handles nursery. It was a real eye opener for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's not ALWAYS ideal, but it is helpful. tell them anything helpful and then walk away, the longer you stay, the longer they need you to be there, i think.

    our nursery plays toys for about 40 minutes, has singing time/story time for about 20 minutes, then has a snack 20 or so, and ends with a SHORT little lesson and usually coloring.

    major is ALWAYS sad when i leave, so i make P take him and drop him off whenever he can, it's easier on all of us.

    good luck!!! drop him off and leave, like leave the church, go to lunch....he he he ....;) NEVER.

    ReplyDelete