Friday, September 11, 2009

Quirkiness Revealed

Because I have a lot of quirks (ask me sometime about the way I eat Skittles), I find them endearing in others. Here are a couple of Rhett's quirks.

He doesn't like to keep hats on his head. But this plastic Orioles batting helmet (that we bought at a garage sale in Colorado, oddly enough), he wears all the time. And almost always it is backwards.


During a recent trip to the zoo, Rhett found this statue of a frog more interesting than most of the real animals we saw that day. I realize that this isn't quirk-ish, but it still made me laugh.


What you see here is a boy pointing at something. What you can't quite see is (1) that's he's quite upset and (2) he's pointing at the fire alarm. He HATES all things fire alarms. We had one sitting on the counter while we waited for a battery and he would start whining every time he saw it. And he still whines at those attached to the ceiling.


Again, looks harmless, right? Wrong. That sippy cup sitting in the upper-right hand corner of the tray MUST be in that upper-right hand corner of the tray. Try moving it to any other place on his tray and chaos will ensue. Out of all the quirks, this one makes me the most nervous. I have slight OCD tendencies and really really don't wish them on him.


Oh yeah, he also does this weird thing where he'll grab onto something and just hold it so tightly that his whole body tenses. Is that normal?

4 comments:

  1. That is too funny! I love the smoke alarm hatred!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! quirks are the best. has a fire alarm ever gone off in front of him? too funny. he's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha! Babies are so funny sometimes! When Molly gets excited, she'll clench her fists and say "eee" and her arms shake and everything. And she always hands everything off her tray to you, like you're the slave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the sippy cup positioning, my boys do things like that too, but I THINK I know why and where they get it from, I'm a little OCD about certain placement of items too!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete