Monday, September 21, 2009

Don't. Stop. Don't Stop. Seriously.

Do you ever have one of those days (or maybe, if you're lucky, two or three of those days) that are just perfect and even if you tried, you couldn't plan them any better? That was my weekend.

On Friday I relaxed at home working on this project. I didn't make two and I'm so angry at myself because of I didn't. I love it. Have I mentioned that I love Halloween? Because I do. L-O-V-E it. And that describes how I feel about this bunting.

When we woke up on Saturday (at 6:45 a.m---totally sleeping in for the little one!), we had perfect running weather. It was crisp and cool. I was able to get in a long-ish run and enjoy every second of it. When I came home, Chuck offered to let me have a morning alone. He took Rhett to his parents' house while I stayed home, showered, read the paper, ate breakfast, and wanted to cry at how great a husband I have for giving me that present. Honestly, I want to roll around naked in that morning, that's how great it was. Which is a slight step up from how I feel about Halloween.

When I was ready to return to my normal life, I joined Chuck at his parents' house where two out-of-town brothers (and families) were visiting. It is always fun to see his family and for Rhett to see his cousins. I got out of there for a small break to attend a baby shower where, happily for me, no baby shower games were played! Bonus. The above bunting was delivered and hopefully the gift will be used. I told her if she was unsure about putting a newborn in black, let me know and I'd take it back and make her anything she wanted. She kept it. Sigh.

When that was over, it was back to Chuck's parents' house for more family time and dinner. The weather was gorgeous and it was great being outside.

Sunday is pretty busy with meetings, but as the woman who brought these happy flowers had to leave early, I got to bring them home. What an end to my weekend, right? When do I get to do this again?

4 comments:

  1. wow, what a wonderful weekend! I want one of those :) Of course, I would not have taken the time to sew, nor would I have wanted to run, nor would I have wanted to roll around naked....ok, I take it back, I don't want one of those LOL But I'm glad it was awesome for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you totally deserved a weekend like that! i'm so glad. :)

    and i love the bunting, too! it turned out perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the totally adorable bunting, a fab hubby and a fun time with fam! It's so nice to get a day or two like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH that does sound LOVELY. Way to go C!!!! And it's funny what you APPRECIATE post parenting, isn't it???

    SUPER CUTE bunting, GREAT idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete