Friday, August 6, 2010

Birthday

So my birthday was this week. (In case you're wondering, that makes 33 years old. Hooray for odd numbers AND multiples of 11!). I don't know why people say this to me, but I think it's funny when they do: "You're so hard to buy for!" What the what?! Really?! 'Cause I think I'm pretty easy. Seriously. For future reference, here's a list of things you can pick from:

1. Gift certificate to fabric store. JoAnn, G Street, Capital Quilts, I'm not picky. And I can always use new fabric. Or I always want new fabric. Sometimes I get my wants and needs confused.
2. Gift certificate to get a pedicure. I would get one of these four times a month if I could somehow justify spending that money.
3. Gift certificate to a running store. No matter when you give this to me, I'm sure I need new shoes.
4. Gift certificate to McDonald's. I know, I know. Sounds horrible. But I love me some McDonald's ice cream cones.
5. A case of the red pepper jelly I talked about a couple of weeks ago. The stuff is just that good.

But, don't worry; even if you don't get me one of these things, I'm sure you'll do fine! Or get me nothing at all! I mean, really, I'm 33. Who cares!? When one of my best presents was my missing 3/4-cup measuring cup, I think I'm pretty easy.

So what did I do for the big day? Unfortunately, I had to work. Fortunately, I got a visit from my favorite guys at work! I showed Rhett my office and then we went to lunch. (He showed my boss how well he breakdances. It was awesome.) After lunch we went and got one frozen yogurt to share. BIG mistake. Rhett does NOT share ice cream.


When I came home, Rhett and I went on a date to the library. We then returned home to a dinner of carrot cake pancakes and then this lovely cake, made by Chuck. That man is creative! Then the birthday song and a snuggle with my boy before bedtime. Why the face, Rhett? Oh yeah, it's because he really wants cake.



My lovely sister gave me this lovely book. When I realized my entire fabric stash is entirely scraps, I knew it was perfect for me. I already started working on one project, even though I should be working on those pajamas for my sis. (I think she'll forgive me.) It was a pretty good day.

And now off to the beach!

6 comments:

  1. um that cake is awesome. great job chuck! seriously impressed.

    i want to see the project! and of course i'll forgive you - especially since you've already finished a pair for me. :)

    rhett's face is pretty darn great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a nice birthday. The cake is impressive, Chuck...good job! Enjoy your weekend and all your new projects.

    If you ever feel that you need some new fabric or scraps just let me know. I have bins of it in the shed and I feel guilty for never having time to pull out the bins, much less use all the wonderful fabric.

    My mother working in furniture upholstering so I have some great upholstery fabrics she snagged for me. I just never know what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Bday! I love that you have given us ideas for your birthday! Ha! Sounds like a great. A big thumbs up to Chuck for your awesome cake! Can't wait to see your project. The book sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I can't wait to see some of your new projects- what can I say you inspire me to try harder;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!!! As soon as I read the first line I was like "hello gift card to JOanne's!", and then I read your suggestions! Tell Chuck I am super impressed with his cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. double odd digits, what a lucky girl you are! p.s. i love bruno's crown.

    ReplyDelete