Monday, August 23, 2010

Family Reunion: Part "The Book"

To the family reunion I brought along some "Get To Know You" pages for everyone in the family to fill out. And to my surprise, everyone did! Even the kids seemed to enjoy the project. Each page asked the name, age, and fun facts about that person (favorite book, favorite animal, favorite place to be, etc.). Why? Rhett has 21 cousins on his paternal side of the family. Twenty of those cousins live at least five hours away. He doesn't have a chance to get to know them or his aunts and uncles. I thought that I could create a book with these pages and then we can read them and slowly get to know the entire family. (I cheated and added my side of the family to the book too.) I them uploaded the pdf document to Lulu, a self-publishing company. Ordering the 50-page, soft-bound book cost only $15, and it arrived quickly. I am so excited about it I can barely stand it. The kids are hysterical and say funny things. I love how it turned out.





5 comments:

  1. oh erin it's beautiful! i love how you made it into a book. is it any cheaper the more you buy? great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope, same price for multiples. unless i bought 500, which i can't imagine doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! That is so nice! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to get mine in the mail! I got the shipment notification yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete