Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Pictures

Nothing major to report, but some pictures turned out okay. Check out Rhett and his cousin Carolina and their new Pillow Pets. (Rhett used it Saturday night for sleeping but not Sunday because, "It's not as comfortable.")


Off all the gifts we gave, this was probably the most successful. We keep it downstairs, but even when we're not down there and it's totally dark, Bruno is there in his new bed.


Rhett was, as expected, most excited about the utensils. He most certainly did not like the hat. But I'm okay with that.  He fixed some sauteed car and pan-seared ball.  Yum.


He got a set of work trucks that he loved. And I loved him laying on the floor to play with them.


I forgot to get a picture of this project before I wrapped it. I made Chuck a new firewood carrier since ours broke last year. And we even had a fire last night which raised the temperature four degrees in our bedroom. It was luxurious.


Overall it was a successful Christmas Day!

And how awesome is this quote from Rhett yesterday. Background: I brought treats in Christmas tins for the Young Women. I kept them in the car during first and second hours so I wouldn't have to carry them around. Seeing as though it's cold outside, the cookies were cold when I served them to the girls. But they sat at my feet, directly under the heating vents, as we drove home from church. When we got home and I felt the warmed tins I said, "Well, the cookies are all melted now!" Rhett responded, "Why are they all melted?" To which I replied, "Oh, they're not really all melted." Rhett's response to this? "Why did you lie, Mom?" Awesome. I'm super excited for this phase.

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha, that is AWESOME..............Why did you lie???? ;) Looks like a successful Christmas.....glad Bruno was happy too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Glad you had a good Christmas!

    Are you up to your ears in snow now? News reports from your neck of the woods make it sound pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pictures - and i love what you made chuck. super! yeah, kids will catch you in all sorts of lies as they are so black and white sometimes.

    ReplyDelete