Friday, December 17, 2010

Woe is Me...My Life is HARD

So. Last week when I was in California, I realized that I wanted some frozen yogurt. Wouldn't that have been wonderful in the 70-degree weather?! Oh it really would have been. Unfortunately I didn't realize how much I wanted it until I was in the taxi to LAX. And at said airport, my terminal had only two options, neither of which included anything resembling frozen yogurt (not even a McDonald's. And it called itself an airport terminal.  Snort.).

After I relayed my sad plight to dear Chuck, he gave me some of his cash allowance (I never have cash!) and I was told to use it for a treat this week at work. I lasted until the first day at 3 p.m., not bad. I went next door to Union Station where they not only have a McDonald's, but they also have a frozen yogurt joint. Well since I was such a rich lady, I thought I'd splurge on the frozen yogurt place. I even opted for the waffle cone. (Before you judge, I was eating non-fat frozen yogurt; I could afford those extra calories.) I essentially had six options: strawberry, peach (or twist those two), chocolate, vanilla (or twist those two). I chose the chocolate/vanilla twist. Doesn't it sound lovely? Oh yes, it does.

Anyway, employee number one started helping me. I'll call her "girl." When Girl found the machine to be malfunctioning, she grabbed employee number two ("boy"--clearly the owner). He couldn't quite figure it out either. So he sat there with my waffle coned half-filled, waiting for the chocolate. Waiting, sweetheart, waiting. I started to get impatient at this point. I mean, even if it starts working, the yogurt in the cone had to be melted at this point, right? I certainly didn't want yogurt on top of melted yogurt. But I held my tongue.

And I continued to wait. Finally Boy said something to me that I had absolutely NO understanding of. I'll just say it: Rhett understands more English that Boy and Girl put together. I just nod and say, "Sure. Whatever." Boy is still standing in front of machine waiting for the chocolate. Now I'm getting really antsy. I mean, I'm on a break from work. Who can wait this long for frozen yogurt?

At some point, I go back to Girl. I told her that I'm nervous it's all melty and I want them to start over with strawberry. She has no idea what I said. Sigh.

Finally I tell Boy to just top it off with strawberry. He does, but then because it's been so long, I complain that I want it in a new cone since it's definitely melted by now. He semi-understood, and instead scraped out the previously-obtained yogurt to fill it with what-he-thinks-is-the-now-working chocolate/vanilla.

I'm so angry and tired (it's 3 o'clock---worst work hour ever). They charged me full price (which I am too embarrassed to tell you) and didn't even apologize. I wanted to shove it in both of their faces. But I don't; it's still frozen yogurt, you know. I sit down, people watch, and start eating my cone.

WHICH WASN'T EVEN A TWIST! Turns out, the chocolate still wasn't working when he filled the cone. I waited 15 minutes for a stupid vanilla (the one concession was that it was at least a waffle) cone and paid more than twice what I'd have paid at McDonald's for a very, very similar product. Not only that, because my cone was "used," it started leaking much earlier than it should have. The whole thing was just so disappointing.

I know I sound like a crazy lady. But be assured that this didn't bother me too long. Maybe long enough to be still sad when I got home so Chuck would feel bad and give me more money. But then I was over it. Tell me, was my sadness and outrage totally irrational or would you have had the same response? If you need to substitute something else for the frozen yogurt to get the same emotion, please do. Remember, liken all blogs unto ye.

Does anyone even know how much I miss Golden Spoon? You can't know. Although the magical internet just told me that Orem has one that recently opened. I'm so there. And Mom--it is right on 8th North, just as you're coming out of Provo Canyon. Get one for me!

I also know how ungrateful I sound. I mean, frozen yogurt, honestly, erin? But please know that this wasn't that upsetting nor am I that ungrateful for all of the other wonderful things I have (Chuck, Rhett, a house, TiVo). Mostly, I just needed a story for the blog. Insert smiley emoticon. Who knows...maybe my next rant will be about Blogger and how it doesn't recognize "internet" as a correctly spelled word. Happy weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Its weird how its the little things that can ruin your day! I am sorry that happened and I would have cried if it were me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can totally understand how you feel. i have felt like that when i have been totally set on and excited about frozen yogurt. it's ridiculous, but true too. we'll totally have mom take us when were there in january!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i so relate......i wanted to have a heart attack when i walked in to fill my fountain coke today and the BIG FANCY machine had a PEPSI logo on top----lights a glowing.......what??? i don't do pepsi. not even close, won't do it.

    thankfully "she" (employee) assured me there was still a coke and diet coke option. before i even had to ask, she KNEW.....nice, right?

    RELIEF, but for a minute, SHEER PANIC!!!!!!

    When you want what you WANT, you WANT it then!!!!

    So sorry!!!

    Next time.....you'll go somewhere MUCH MUCH better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Golden Spoon!!!!! Where did they all go?!?!? Sad days ;(

    ReplyDelete