Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Dear Santa...

What is everyone asking for Christmas this year? I think that for us adults it just gets harder and harder. Really, for most things, whatever I want, I buy! I earn money, bills are paid, and we're able to save, so why not? I'm not spending extravagantly on a regular basis (or at all), but when I saw that Silhouette on Craigslist, I got it. But this really does make it hard for those wanting to buy me gifts.

And the same goes for the other adults in my life (sister, husband, parents, in-laws) for whom I want to buy presents...what do you give them? And what to give myself with my Christmas and extra-earned money? Ideas?

Of course, there's always this. But that's only when I can justify jewelry instead of a new car or college education for Rhett. Because this really is that expensive. (But isn't it the most lovely ring you've ever seen?)

Note to Chuck: This is not a hint. Do NOT buy. Unless, of course, you've somehow magically come into $10,000 (after tithing). Then, hey, I won't stop you.

5 comments:

  1. i always tell jason that a car doesn't hold it's value, but jewelry does! I can't justify spending Rhett's college fund though....other than I'm sure he'll earn a scholarship somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm not a jewelry person really, but that ring is absolutely beautiful. wow.

    ugh, adults are so hard to buy for. ben and i are boring - we're not really doing anything for each other for christmas. each of us both bought some clothing a little bit ago and we'll call that "christmas." except we'll do some stocking stuffers. like my one request: http://www.amazon.com/Fred-Cup-Measuring-Matroyshkas-Cups/dp/B002L162FS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1292442910&sr=8-1

    if i could have anything i wanted (within some reason of course) i would ask santa for a 10-day vacation - just me and lucy. i know, i know - why not ben? b/c he needs to stay and watch the kids. if i'd be gone for that long i'd feel much better leaving them to him.

    and with the HORRIBLE week i've had, i actually NEED that vacation. like real bad. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok still jealous of the silhoutte and I know it's only going to get worse when I see what you make with it! And I want that ring too!! Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once made a joke once about "diamonds being a girls best friend" at a RS Christmas dinner. Someone overheard me and told their husband, who then sent Andrew an email to give him a "heads up" about how I wanted diamonds for Christmas. Luckily Andrew told me because I would have killed him if he actually got me diamonds!!!
    Your business trip looked fabulous! I'm dying for a kid-free trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and it was surprisingly not that cold in the Alps! It was more of a Utah cold- which I think is much better than the wet-cold that we get in the east.

    ReplyDelete