Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy 6th Anniversary to Us

As of yesterday, Chuck and I have been married for six years. Year six was a hard year. Just because I like numbers, let's rate some of our married years on a scale of 1 (how easy it is to talk me into eating Hot Tamales--ridiculously easy) to 10 (how hard it would be to get me to ride a horse--ridiculously hard).

2005 (our first year) -- a 9. It was hard. Not so much Chuck, but everything else was really a transition for me.

2007 (3rd year) -- a 2. Man, what a great year. We did our speed development training, which was hard, but so fun. We went to Puerto Rico. Chuck walked past me in the hallway and WHAMMO--I was pregnant with Rhett. And the year ended before I got too uncomfortably pregnant.

2010 (6th year) -- an 8. It's been hard. And not hard between us, but hard on us. But it's over! I have reason to believe next year will be better. Let's just hope the seven-year itch doesn't come early.

7 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary you guys!!! Since I neither know your love/hate for horses nor hot tamales, at first I was little confused. But here's to hoping 2011 is a 1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I had to look up what the 7 year itch meant...maybe I shouldn't admit that in a public space :)

    I'm sorry you've had a tough year...they do seem cyclic (at least in my mind). So hopefully you're on to the easy year end of your cycle!

    I hope 2011 brings peace, happiness and joy to your home and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh congrats!!!!! We are ALMOST to 10----how did that happen?? And agreed, I think they are cyclical as well, so here's to HOPING.....;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Weird how some years are hard and others are easy. Glad Christmas was good! Traci got a pillow pet too (ladybug) =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! up and down, right? I guess that's the way it is for most!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've heard that if you can make it to five, you're golden. so yea! i remember your wedding very well, right here on the hill in my little town. it was beautiful, really it was but that wind, another story for sure! congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2010 was a hard one on us too. Not as hard as 2009, but probably still an 8. Our other 9 years of marriage: somewhere between a 1 and a 3. I hope 2011 is better for you. . . and, selfishly, me too.

    ReplyDelete