Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Last of the Homemade Christmas Gifts

After finding some coverless buttons in my sewing box, I used leftover fabric to make the stove knobs. I'm pretty excited about how it turned out. We picked up the utensils (which will likely be Rhett's favorite part of the entire present) at Ikea. And just in case you forgot, the stove came from this tutorial.




With a new oven/range, Rhett needs a chef's hat and apron, dontcha think? I know this fabric isn't the most kitchen-related, but isn't just so adorable? I love it. The best thing about the hat: it's Velcro-adjustable. Both this and the apron were made following tutorials found here (check the right-hand side).




These are a set of magnet fish for my friend's son. (Yes, you've seen these from me before.) Don't you just love the ravioli-like fishing lure? I do.


And finally, a friend at church asked me to make some bags to hold chalk, an eraser, and magnets so she could give them to the RS teachers. She gave me free reign on fabric choice (brave woman is she) and happily I bought extra for myself because it was just too fun.




P.S. You'll be happy to know that I was able to redeem my frozen yogurt experience. A good friend came to house sit Monday night so Chuck and I could run some final Christmas errands. Little did we plan the errands to be in the same parking lot as a YogiBerry. Yum.

3 comments:

  1. so stinkin' cute! Rhett is a lucky little boy to have such a creative mom. We freezer paper stenciled our names on our stockings, it went okay. We need a better exacto knife to make cutting them out easier. I had an idea for a cute bag for our piano teacher, but I can't cut out the letters for the bag :( Oh well, maybe it'll be a birthday present instead of a Christmas present.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh everything is so great! the knobs turned out perfectly. and oh the hat is just too adorable! i can't wait to see rhett sporting that.

    you're amazing. as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is going to LOVE that stove you made for him! What a great idea! Rhett will be quite the Chef!

    Loving all the other projects you made too! I'm glad you finally got your fro-yo!

    ReplyDelete