Monday, March 7, 2011

Finally, We Did Stuff

Friday morning was a bit slow around here, so I thought I'd create a funny "Rhett" out of fabric...thus birthing the "fabric rhett." (We are sooo creative around here.) I got the idea from this fantastic list over at the totally cute "Mini-eco" blog and we had a good time playing with him. Guess which one I decorated and which was done by Rhett. Pretty much he only wanted to bulldoze the shapes from the guy. He did have fun picking out some eyes and stuff, so that's good. And always with the frown, that kid. He loves him some frowning.

Also on Friday I made some banana chips. I hope to add them and coconut for a yummier-to-me trail mix.





Saturday we made it to pug group. Always good times there. But that night was our "Iron Chef" competition. Last time the group met our special ingredient was nutmeg. Chuck and I got the drink so we did eggnog. Turned out not too badly! Saturday night's special ingredient was pistachios and we were randomly assigned the main dish. Yikes--the pressure. But I found this recipe for a white pizza with pistachios and It. Was. AWESOME. I'm not sure if I can attribute its awesomeness to the recipe, my stellar homemade pizza skills, or the use of the Bosch mixer, but dang it was good. Poor Chuck with his dislike for onions had a hard time eating it, but everyone else seemed to enjoy it. Plus, everyone else's food was really great. Plus plus, Chuck's mom offered to babysit so we could go to faraway Virginia and not worry about late bedtimes (especially important when there's no nap on Sunday due to church). We had a really great time.

And no, I can't not take a picture of this kid wearing the vest. Especially when he puts on the matching chef's hat.

3 comments:

  1. What a Saturday! Pug group and then Pistachio Iron Chef? Yuuuuummmm... your pizza, not the pug. And Rhett is truly a hubba hubba cute kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the fabric boy. cute, cute.

    so does rhett like the chef's hat now? he should cuz he looks awesome in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooooo cute. I LOVE the fabric rhett!!!
    Your pizza was amazing. everything was. I just had some. :)

    ReplyDelete