Monday, March 28, 2011

Something Funny's Going On...

Some funny times in pictures...

Why I will never buy potatoes in bulk again.


I think this is awesome. Would anyone dare wear these glasses in a family picture? And I mean, a family picture in which everyone wears them? I want to. I really, really want to. I also really, really want to make a onesie like this one, and I think I actually have the guts to do it.


Our weeping tree. Because I waited too long to take the picture, it looks like nothing. This stump of a limb (that was lost during the storm we missed while in UT), has been "bleeding" water this week. We've had some rain which the tree has been drinking like mad, but the tree doesn't quite realize it lost a body part, so the water is leaking out of the stump. We've also had some cold weather. So when we woke this morning, the leaking created an ice stalactite about 8" long. Of course, then the sun came out and melted it away.


This outfit. Do you think it's as "What Not to Wear"-worthy as Chuck does? I only wore it on a dog walk around our neighborhood on a quiet, Sunday afternoon; I promise. I've been living in this thrifted sweatshirt, by the way. It's so comfortable and big and warm. I love it. But don't worry: I think I've worn it in public like once. Okay, maybe twice.


Oh yeah! I have a follow-up from a previous post.

5. How we wash our body in the showers. For 6 years of our 6.25-year marriage, Chuck used only soap and his hands to wash his body while showering. To me, this is definitely NOT okay. The body needs something rough to wash away the oils and dead skin. When I tried some internet research, I came upon this gem from WikiHow titled "How to Take a Shower." I would switch steps 1 and 2, but that's just me. But notice, a washcloth is a "Thing you'll need."

11 comments:

  1. #5 - note taken. I get a hint, Erin. You don't need to be explicit. ;)

    As for the skirt over pants look. So polygamist! When it was *cold* on the islands during my mission, sometimes in our apartment we'd don the polygamy look. Pants over skirt = warm but Sunday appropriate, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, a definite "what not wear" outfit. i'm laughing.

    i bet loves the "bleeding tree." pretty cool.

    yeah, our potatoes have succumbed to that look before, too.

    as for the glasses, i wouldn't do all the family pics with them - but if you were doing a photo shoot with lots of pics i would definitely do some fun one with the glasses. for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i meant, "i bet RHETT loves. . ."

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow on the outfit. you probably shouldn't wear that one outside. i'm kind of surprised the picture was taken outside.

    the potatoes are grodie.

    sad for the tree. i would cry too if i lost such a large limb.

    the shower was tmi. my brother is gross.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this post is awesome, especially the bleeding tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard that if you keep your potatoes in the fridge, they don't grow tentacles.

    As for that outfit, I'm just glad your head isn't in the frame. You don't want to have a photo like that posted on the Internet and have someone see it was you! :)

    Poor tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think when you're pregnant you have an excuse to wear kinda whatever fits your awkwardly expanding body. Being pregnant is just awkward. at least I feel awkward. I definitely have expanded white trash wednesdays well beyond wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cut those potatoes up and plant them and you will never have to buy potatoes again. You could do it while wearing that outfit and then get cleaned up using your "how to" knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, this post, along with all of the above comments has me dying. I really have nothing more to add, except you are all awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Melissa on the comments........I'll have to put my tato's in the fridge and see.......

    Yep, we all do it....the walk of fashion shame.

    But like SHE (Melissa) said....... no proof it's actually YOU.
    I'm sure the sweatshirt is COMFY and WARM. ;) Wear it with PRIDE.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this sweat shirt! Can I borrow it for my next pregnancy?

    ReplyDelete