Friday, July 1, 2011

Just in Time for the 4th

I saw these chairs over at Simple Simon and Co. and wanted to try them out. I've never experimented with PVC pipe but since she made it sound so easy, I thought, why not.

We made our trip to Home Depot last Saturday, even though I'd already started working on the fabric seats. For some reason, I couldn't get her measurements to work out just right on those seats. When I checked her blog again later, she changed them to something that made more sense. I actually recommend cutting the rectangle to 7.5" x 19" (and if you want more details on how I finished them, let me know). I just prefer to work with thick hems, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, the chairs weren't quite as easy as she said and I would have struggled to finish them on my own (Home Depot laughed at us when we asked for help cutting the pipe). Was this just me or pregnant-me or pregnant-with-carpal-tunnel-me who struggled? Who knows. But with Chuck, they were no problem. We still haven't quite figured out how to get the printing off the pipe, however. Her acetone trick didn't work for us.

Now to find a parade and maybe even fireworks show wherein we can test them out! (They look kind of lopsided in this picture, but they're not. I promise.)





It's now July! I can now say "next month" when talking about when the baby's coming! Hopefully this will keep peoples' jaws on their faces when I tell them August. Hopefully, but not likely.

Anyone out there have a telescope or know anything about them? I'd like to get one for us, but other than knowing they're super cool and I want one, I don't know much.

2 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhhhhhhhh my gosh, I LOVE those chairs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chairs too! I am bummed we will be celebrating the 4th from afar. :(
    So my due date is on November 6th, and people keep going ON AND ON about how big I am already. SO, I have started telling people that I am due in October. I could totally go early and have the baby at the end of October, right?!?

    ReplyDelete