Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween

Hurricane Sandy did not, thankfully, ruin our Halloween. Behind a dry floor and no power loss, this is the third-best thing that happened this week.

Tuesday, while we were all off because of the storm, we made some awesome candy corn cookies. Then we ate them. And they were good.


Then we carved our pumpkins and Ollie had a great time picking up, and then throwing, the pumpkin guts.


Halloween dinner was chicken noodle soup and bony breadsticks with blood special dipping sauce.


Then for the real fun. Our neighborhood isn't the most Halloween-y, so we visited that of a friend's. Good times were had by all.


Especially when I got to pick the candy I wanted Ollie to have, since I know I'll be the one eating it. (Almond Joy, thankyouverymuch.)


The spoils. Now we just have to decide how to go about disposing of it. One a day? Or one day of candy bingeing? The jury is still out.

3 comments:

  1. yay for halloween and all its cuteness. the boys look great! did they love their costumes? at least rhett? they both turned out really super adorable. and whoa that is an impressive halloween loot! will rhett let you have that gigantic butterfinger????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some really big candy bars in that stash! Looks like me made a killing! Yay!

    And I ate all our Almond Joys before we could give them away. Yep. One bag. One week. Gone.

    Happy belated Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a WHILE for me.....so good to see you are alive and well and NOT too wet!!!

    Cute cute boys and posts and updates, and I'll find you some good postcards and send them ASAP. I so should have read this BEFORE I was in Chicago......sorry! ;(

    ReplyDelete