Monday, November 5, 2012

Random Thoughts

Let's say that one of the legs in your flannel pajamas tore in the knee (notice the singular "knee"). You get tired of it catching on everything, so you rip off the entire leg from the knee down. So now you have shorts on one leg and pants on the other. Make sense? Do you keep wearing the shants (shorts + pants = shants)? Or do you toss them because, well, they're now shants?

You know how some people when wanting to express that something is the exact opposite of another is called the anti-____? But I don't like this. It implies that it's against it, not just the opposite of. So I introduce to you my new prefix: oppo! (It's even fun to say, yes?) Try it out. I promise you won't be disappointed.

My mom came up with a great idea for dealing with Halloween candy. You see, rationing in our house doesn't work. Rhett can't have just one. Instead he begs all day for one more. And if given that one more, then he wants another. Just a tiny one. And on and on. My mom told me that we should buy it off him, so that's what we did! He ended up with $13.25 and we'll take him to Kohl's today to spend it. Why Kohl's? Because I just happen to have a free $10.

We saw Jupiter through our telescope last night. So flippin' cool. We could see its orangish color and three of its moons. Sweet!

What kind of bread do you eat at your house? Does it look like this:


or more like this:

or something else entirely? Would you say that the second bread is the oppo-Wonder-Bread? I might, because, well, it is to me.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get my husband to take pictures that are NOT blurry? Seriously. It's so incredibly frustrating. And please don't tell him to buy a new camera. He does it with all he touches. And please don't tell me to take the pictures myself. I do that already. All I ask is a couple of good ones every once in a while with my boys. That's it.


4 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I love your posts. They are my morning coffee.

    Shants? With your sewing skills I would re-adhere the other leg so that you have pants + high waters... One full leg and another leg 3 inches shorter. Pants+capris. Pantris. Or Caprants.

    This morning, although with lots to do on my paper... I am oppi-stressed.

    My Wellesley friend's son decided to cash in his candy for $ but then he wanted the money slated for hurricane victims and she donated $60 to the Red Cross. I am neither as altruistic or as creative as you or her... We're rationing together and the girls and I are eating the candy, a few pieces a day. Bah.

    Suggestion for Chuck: stop the addiction. Maybe it's making his hands shaky? Although, blur and all, I think you guys look great!

    Good morning, Ollie! says Sophie! She pointed and smiled and said, "OOweee!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. -If I really loved the pants I would cut them off at the knee on the other side and wear them in the summer.

    -Our bread is a mix between the two. We love how soft wonder bread is but we never buy white bread, always wheat. Sometimes it is Wonder brand but wheat bread.

    -My only suggestion for Chuck is to get him to use a tripod! Which basically defeats the purpose of "hey take a quick picture for us" but that's all I've got! Come on Chuck you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd get rid of the "shants" but that's just me.......and I can't sew......

    As for un-blurry photos.....at least he actually takes photos, mine NEVER/RARELY does! I like the "cheerleading" suggestions, remind him to stay STILL and FOCUS!!!

    GOOD LUCK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'd do what emily said (great names think alike. . .): cut the other leg and wear as shorts.

    oppo - pretty cool! or oppouncool. something like that.

    mom did, indeed, have a good idea. glad it worked for you all!

    yay for your telescope!!!

    you know what we eat at our house, but i'll answer anyways. 2nd one. homemade.

    no suggestions for chuck. have rhett take your pictures instead?! :)

    ReplyDelete