Friday, June 28, 2013

My Big News

Well, I did it. After ten months of straight glasses, my eyes were finally ready for laser eye surgery. I didn't have Lasik, but its relative, PRK. The doctor said everything went perfectly. After surgery I could see far better than I could before without glasses so that was super exciting. Today my vision should be worse, and by Saturday and Sunday I should have more pain and discomfort. But come Monday, I should be on the up-and-up. PRK recovery is longer, so my vision shouldn't be perfect for weeks, but that's okay. Just thinking that maybe by my birthday I'll be able to see without glasses or contacts is just unbelievable. So anyway, that's my big news.

5 comments:

  1. you're so lucky! i love it. maybe when i'm your age (ha!) i'll get it done. :) it's good to have you go first - then i can see how it will be for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this were Facebook I would 'like' this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super exciting! Hope you're seeing 20/20 in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WAY exciting.......as a habitual contact lens wearer for more than 20 years now that is VERY tempting.......;) I hope it's just what you want it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO exciting! And can I tell you how jealous I am?? I can't wait to hear all about the results when you're all mended. One of these years I will get it done myself, I hope.

    ReplyDelete