Saturday, December 19, 2009

I Interrupt My Regularly Scheduled Posting...

...to bring you pictures of the snowstorm of December 2009 (or whatever equally unclever title the news media will find for this storm). We have about 18 inches and snow is still falling, even if it is tapering. Now, all you Utahans, don't go getting self-righteous on me. Eighteen inches is a BIG deal out here. Church has been cancelled for tomorrow, and Chuck thinks he might get out of school all next week. Already this storm has broken into the top ten snow-getting storms in DC and it's not over yet. Let's just say that this is big news out here. Forgetting about all the records, the storm has been absolutely beautiful. It's been a perfect snowy day and I can't wait for a repeat tomorrow. And the next day. And the day after that.

Ooooh wait! Breaking news from the Washington Post. Here are some of their suggestions for storm names:

I-95 Whiteout storm (meh)
The Great DC Blizzard of Aught-Nine (me likes)
Capital Crippler (sounds like a murderer, or just a crippler)
The Great Festivus Snowicane (what does this even mean?! I get festivus, but the whole thing together just doesn't work for me)
Snowpocalypse ("horrible" says Chuck)
Beltway Blizzard '09 (probably the best but oh-so-boring)









Update: As of Sunday morning, we have about 24 inches. And it looks to be a beautiful cloudless day.

4 comments:

  1. Aghhh! I can't believe this! It is beautiful- just as long as we don't lose our electricity! I love the pics- especially Rhett's Redskins suit!
    We're still planning on tomorrow- hopefully the roads will be cleared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh poor rhett on the sled! :) too funny, though. and i'm glad you are living up the storm. and come on, 18 inches of snow is a lot anywhere you are - even utah.

    and hilarious on the slide. impressive that you went to the park. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 18 inches is A LOT!!! I certainly don't remember when we had 18 inches in the valley here. It is a big deal. I'm so happy to see you all out celebrating the snow. Those videos are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is A LOT of snow, remember we grew up in St. Louis where the world shut down with 2 inches of snow, so I get it!!!! HUGE. Nice. I hope Chuck is off all week and you enjoy!!! SO FUN.

    ReplyDelete