Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Just Looking at You Makes Me Chill

One of the reasons I started running was because it was an exercise I could do anywhere. Other than a good pair of running shoes, no special equipment is needed. (iPods are nice, but not necessary.) And whenever I am in a new city, I love running on the streets to get a better feel of the city than if I just walked it.

Right now I am in San Antonio for work and already I am in love with this town. Other than many layovers in Dallas, I have never really been in Texas as an adult. The San Antonio River runs through the city and they've built walkways along the river which make for beautiful running. I also ran by some amazing homes with architecture that literally made me squeal. (I wish I was kidding.)

I added a little detour to the hotel-suggested running route that took me to the Alamo (only three blocks from my hotel). It seriously took my breath away! It was about dusk and the spotlights made it absolutely gorgeous. Now to go back tomorrow on my walking feet and take some pictures. The night watchman inspired the title to this post when these were the words he spoke to me as I ran by him. I'm thinking (hoping?) he meant that I gave him chills because I am soooo good looking when I run. Because that's totally true.

If only my sweet husband and funny baby were here to share this with me.

And although it's not related at all to this post, let me talk about the new funny thing Rhett is doing. If you ask him to say a word he knows ("elbow," "magnet," "baby,") and he doesn't want to for whatever reason, the picture below shows his response. Isn't he great!? I love this boy!

4 comments:

  1. You make me miss Texas!!! I love the river walk. I bet you would squeal even
    more if you knew the cost of those homes in San Antonio! Much less than MD! Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that kid is so adorable. is it wrong to want an arranged marriage between him and e bean? okay, perhaps a little, but it's a fun thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. San Antonio is a very cool place. I've only been once, but I found it so memorable.

    ReplyDelete