Friday, December 11, 2009

Made by e: Latest Projects

Ack! My sewing machine is in the shop and I'm going through serious withdrawals. What do you people do with yourselves once the kids have gone to bed?! Kidding. Seriously. Kidding.

Anyway, here is an up-close picture of the shirts I made for our Turkey Trot. Genius me forgot that I didn't actually have to wear the shirt in order to get a picture. This after I had already strained to get a picture of the backside. Oh man, sometimes I kill me. But these freezer paper stencils are so satisfyingly easy. Love them. Tutorials abound on the internet, but here's one from a blog I like. Don't you love Rhett pleading to watch a video he's never seen? Especially since he's never even seen any video?! I do.


More oven mitts. These were Thanksgiving gifts for for my sister and my mom.

And drum roll please...here we have quite possibly one of my most favorite things I've ever created. I don't know what it is about this pillow, but I just love it (made from this tutorial). I would love to decorate an entire room from this pillow, which would be easy because it's got everything on it. I created it using scraps, and so I love looking at the pillow and remembering what some of the fabrics originally made. In fact, I bet some of you can look at this pillow and see gifts that I've made for you (I'm talking to you Angie and Linda).



I've got a couple of other things that are in the process of being made and some that are Christmas gifts and can't be shown. Now everyone send wishes of (affordable) healing to my sewing machine.

7 comments:

  1. love them all - and how lucky i am that i was the benefactor of them all! sooooo lucky. i love my pillow, too; i makes me so happy to look at it.

    the oven mitts are so cute and handy. hehe. i'm punny.

    should we wear our shirts every thanksgiving for now on? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally recognized the scraps and it made me smile. I have a quilt from my grandma made from scraps and I love it because so many of the scraps were from dresses and things she made for us when we were little. It takes me down memory lane every time I see it!

    Back to you! I could totally see a room done around that pillow. Oh the ideas for when we have a home if our own again...! I hope your machine recovers soon!!! I can only imagine your stress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pillow is so so cute!! You have totally inspired me to make one now! It turned out so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your machine. I would miss mine too! The other day I thought I seriously thought I might have to take mine in and was not looking forward to it. Luckily I just re-threaded the whole thing and it was fine-phew!

    The pillow is adorable. I want one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. next time i am in town i want you to show me the freezer paper method. i have read through instructions more than once and it seems so messy. is it? i hate messy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the oven mitts, they turned out awesome! Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your oven mitts turned out great! I love the fabric. I am also loving the tree pillow. I just might be making one of those. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete