Friday, November 5, 2010

Because I Got Nothing Else...

...you get these.

We painted our door last weekend and I love it. Of course it needed a new wreath. I saw some just like this on Etsy and what do you think I said? That's right. "No way I'm paying $40 for that! I'll make it myself."  So I did. I'm pretty pleased with it. If you are wondering, it's made with yarn and felt. Next up: A new storm door so you can actually see the black (oh sorry, "Canyon Evening") door.





And then this guy. Oh my. At Joy School on Wednesday he had a blast playing with dried noodles. So after nap you knew what I got out: more dried noodles. These rigatoni were just the right size for putting on fingers. I don't know which he'd choose: these or olives? It'd be a tough call.


5 comments:

  1. it's all stupendous! i have to say that word for my kids' sake - they feel rebellious when they say it b/c it's so close to "stupid."

    but i love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The door looks beautiful!! Love the wreath too! The argyle is darling! Who doesn't love a good argyle?? Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i too want a black front door. yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, the door and wreath look great!

    I wanted to also tell you, if you get a chance to head downtown before the end of Sunday, there is a neat (free) exhibit at the Kennedy Center. http://www.kennedy-center.org/calendar/index.cfm?fuseaction=showEvent&event=XLCRF

    We saw it last night and it had a real statistician feel to it :) There are huge mounds of rice and some as small as a single grain to represent people. And many, many demographics. It's an interesting display to visably see numbers without numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stylin! I love new door colors. I painted ours red and it made me sooo happy to not keep opening the scuffed bland white thing that it was before. I'd like to get an all glass storm door instead of the half screen but it's pretty low on the list.

    so is the wreath interchangeable or a one-up craft? I saw the others from the link and wasn't sure if you can change the felt for the holiday/season etc or you just make another wreath. I love the colors, it goes so well with black, er "canyon evening".

    rigatoni! very cute idea.

    ReplyDelete