Monday, November 29, 2010

His Christmas Presents are Coming from Bed, Bath, and Beyond

Recently, my kitchen has turned into Rhett's toy discovery center. Seriously, the kid wants to play with everything in it. Some favorites? The dough roller, the funnel, and all-time favorite...the pasta spoon. So if you're stumped as to what to get him for Christmas, hit up your local Bed, Bath, and Beyond; I'm sure he'll love whatever you pick out.

He's also said some interesting gems lately.
At Stake Conference...
Rhett: Why is that baby crying?
Me: I don't know.
Rhett: Maybe because it doesn't like stake conference.
Me: Maybe, Rhett, just maybe.

Or its relative...
Rhett: Why is that baby crying?
Me: I don't know.
Rhett: Maybe because it doesn't like you, Mom.
Probably true, but still...ouch.

Me: Why have you been so fussy and whiny today?
Rhett: Because I want you to do what I tell you to do!
The feeling is mutual, little man.

Finally, he thinks it's hysterical when he drops the last syllable from a word. For example, Bruno is not Bruno, but rather Brune. Pepperoni is not pepperoni, it's pepperone. Banana is not banana, it's banan. He thinks this is absolutely hysterical and then tells me, "Don't worry, Mom. It's just a joke."

And a video I expect only family to watch in its entirety.

4 comments:

  1. that kid is seriously the most hilarious of kids. i love him! he cracks me up. he's also so smart.

    dang i can' wait to hang out with him in january!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is pretty funny that he drops the last syllable! I'm glad you video this stuff so you can show him how crazy he is when he is older!

    Also- YES I am so glad to be done with the quiet book. Weight off of my shoulder. And do you like it? I can be an excellent mimic!! Thanks for letting me steal your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha, funny! Love both of your comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious!!!! Love the conversations with the "finest" ;)

    ReplyDelete