Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Thoughts

The obligatory Thanksgiving post ensues...(Check back tomorrow for fun family pictures.)

Of course I am thankful for my family, the Gospel, my body, etc. I am; I really really am.

But let's ignore those for now. At last year's Relief Society Gratitude Dinner, my friend and I both wrote down that we were thankful for TiVo. I still am; I really really am.

This year I'm thankful for Chuck's job and mine. First, my job. I am so thankful that not only do I have a job, but I have a good job. A job that is professional and uses my degrees. A job that pays me way more than I deserve. A job that is incredibly flexible (made easier because of great boss). I read an article recently about women leaving the workforce when they had children because working part-time wasn't an option. Those women would have liked to continue working some, but what are their options? Let's face it: most part-time jobs don't pay well. So I am thankful for one that does.

Second, Chuck's job. I am so thankful that Chuck has a job (of course) but one that really allows him to be an active husband to me and an active father to Rhett. He's home by 3:30 every day (4:00 at the very latest), and is home every weekend. He never has to work nights (except for the occasional football game he has to attend) and rarely brings work home. The other day I overheard some women talking about another woman who already finished her Christmas shopping...including wrapping. The response from one of the women, "Well, she has a husband who comes home by 6 every day." Uh, 6?!? Are you kidding? I would be crying in my Cheerios if Chuck didn't come home until then. Honestly, I could not have that life. Sure, I'd take that money, but not for the price of Chuck being away from us.

The End.

1 comment: