Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekend Projects

Certainly these projects weren't started and completed this weekend, but at least they were finished. I know it's 11 months before I can display these little jars, but I still like them. I got the jars at the thrift store and cut the vinyl using my Silhouette.


On my to-do list was to fix the rub-on labels for my jars. It was a learning process to be sure, but I'm feeling more and more confident with the Silhouette.


Okay. For my entire childhood, we used an advent like this to countdown the days until Christmas. When my mom was cleaning a couple of years ago, she decided it was time to get rid of it. She consulted with my sister and me and when neither of us wanted it ("Gosh, Mom, it's a bit dated and tacky, don't you think?") she tossed it. But of course, when it came time for me to make my own advent, what did I want? The one I grew up with! So to the best of my ability I tried to re-create it. How did I do family?




Another Silhouette project. I found a girl online who used her Silhouette to cut freezer paper. I contacted her and asked her how she did it (our first attempt did not go well). Once she replied, I was committed. And right now, Rhett is in love with VW bugs and Mini Coopers. Don't be surprised if I'm in the car with you and if I see one of these, I shout "BUG CAR!" (It has been known to happen with my YW in the car.) Anyway, the kid loves them. So now he has a bug car shirt.


4 comments:

  1. everything is so great! i love the jars. the advent? um, just about perfect is what i would say! seriously it's great. just like i remember - only better. :) and i LOVE the shirt! LOVE it! maybe i'll have you make one for ben for christmas. :) it's really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SERIOUSLY where do you find the TIME???? LOVE them, all of them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're really tempting me to explore the world of silhouette... and can I say that the advent calender looks just like the one in my childhood mind?? must've been some Homemaking craze from the early 80's.... I'm guessing my mom still has ours. I think there's supposed to be a little gingerbread boy. and a drummer boy. ooh, and try adding some sparkly sequins to some of the ornaments. now I'm waxing all nostalgic! how did you cut the snowflakes out?? are they felt?

    love the boy tees. my boy would love to help me make those. and my girls. but the TIME...seriously. I just don't know how... but I love the inspiration

    ReplyDelete