Thursday, April 8, 2010

And I Thought I'd Have a Hard Time Filling the Hours

As yesterday's mercury topped 86 degrees and I faced my first day back as a stay-at-home mom with no husband to help (I know, I know, my life is so hard), I thought I'd bust out our uber-fancy pool. I filled it in the morning (don't know about you, but our hose water is freezing), and let it sit in the sun all day. As soon as Rhett woke from his nap, I put him in his swim trunks, gave him the two empty yogurt cups, and let him go crazy.

Who knew he'd sit there for AN HOUR AND FORTY-FIVE MINUTES? I could have watched an entire movie. He sat there pouring water from one yogurt cup to the other and then back in the pool. And he had this funny way of employing a double knock method of getting the water in the first cup. It was hysterical. And he kept it up long enough that Chuck got to enjoy it as well. Three cheers for the pool!

In sad news, I seriously injured my sewing machine. This was totally my fault (sewing something too thick) and it's got to go back to the shop. Doesn't it know I have projects in the works? Argh.






3 comments:

  1. oh gosh that is so great! i love it. i love his feet. yeah for swimming pool! what did you do, then, during that time????

    so sad about the sewing machine. and i wanted to see all your projects. oh well, soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm blow away by the 86 degrees. seriously! it could be a long hot summer for you i guess. i love the pics of rhett's feet. i sort of wish we could occupy our time in a pool. looks like he had tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's awesome!!! i love it when they are turned to prunes..... ;) i'm so jealous of the 86 degrees too!!!

    ReplyDelete