Friday, April 16, 2010

Crying in My Cheerios

Do you remember the 1980s movie, "Splash? The one where Daryl Hannah is a mermaid rescued by Tom Hanks? I do. Do you remember the scientist who is desperate to prove to the world that Madison is in fact a real mermaid? He has this line in the movie: "What a week I'm having." I think he and I are having the same week, just played out a bit differently.

Among other tragedies, the only one I want to mention is the incredible bad luck I incurred during a run on Monday. I wasn't able to run until the evening, but it was a beautiful evening and a beautiful run. However, I must have done something very wicked to my leg because I have the most incredible pain I've ever experienced (remember, I had an epidural with Rhett so I never experienced that kind of pain). So now, besides the obvious not able to run, I am also not able to easily play with my son, or even walk the dog. I am so frustrated I can't even type this without crying a little.

To make myself feel just a touch better, I bought these. That's right. I bought both. And when they arrive, I'm making these immediately.

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of your pain. Hope you feel better, soon.

    Neat pans! What other creative things can you make in those pans? Doughnut shaped muffins, jello, panna cotta (see my food blog for a delicious recipe) would be awesome because you could pile fresh berries in the middle and then drizzle with a yummy sauce or coulis. Hmmmm I might be talking myself into these pans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, I'm sorry things aren't going well for you this week. It always frustrates me when I get injured in a way that prevents me from living my life so I know how you feel, which is one reason I don't run, because it's doesn't agree with my right knee. If you can't even walk, you should go see someone because you might have seriously injured your leg. (By someone, I mean a doctor, of course).

    And, I don't want to rain on your parade, but an epidural is considered a minor procedure. :( I have unfortunately caused people lots more pain during other procedures than I have during epidurals or spinal taps. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhhhhh, those look so good to me right now! why aren't you my next-door neighbor? argh! where did you buy the pans?

    and sorry about the cruddy week. totally not fun. hopefully some good rest will heal your leg quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! Sorry about your leg, but be sure to invite me over to partake of those doughnuts/donuts, they look mighty delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how could baked doughnuts be even remotely close to the deliciousness of fried doughnuts? you better fedex me a batch to prove me wrong :)

    sorry to hear of your lower extremity crampage. what a pain in the leg. perhaps a good excuse to get a massage, you know to make the rest of you feel better too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer about your run, but YAY for doughnuts....I wish I was close enough to sample them myself. ;) Hope you feel better ASAP.

    ReplyDelete