Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Why Math is Important

At McDonald's the other night, I see the following items: 4-piece, 6-piece, and 12-piece McNugget. The 4 piece was $1. The 6-piece was $2.49. The 12-piece was $3.79. I can't even begin to enumerate how many things are wrong with this if you want six or more McNuggets.

Tell me that even if you hated math, you still see the problem with their pricing? Please?

See, knowing math can totally help you save money and eat like crap AT THE SAME TIME. I love math.

3 comments:

  1. So true, math is awesome! The pricing has been screwy for years, but I think I can explain it.

    Pricing is up to the individual owner of the franchise. So when you go to Union Station, you pay a lot more for a cheeseburger than you normally would (I imagine it's higher rent).

    Also, when I go out of state and try to order $1 chicken nugeets for my kids, they don't exist. In this area, where there is much competition, I think they needed a reasonable $1 menu item and chicken nuggets is it. The pricing for the other size nuggets is the same as other McDonald's that do not have the $1 option. The other McDonald's do offer 4 piece nuggets, but they're right around $2, which makes it cheaper to purchase a 12 piece if you're looking for quantity.

    Just my $0.02.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that is so crazy! we definitely don't have the $1 chicken nuggets here, though - like amanda was saying.

    but if i wanted 12 of them i would definitely order 3 sets of 4 if i were in your area. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Lucky you are!! 3 (4) piecers are looking pletiful in your future

    ReplyDelete