Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The End of Spring Break

It's over. My lovely week-plus with Chuck and Rhett has come to an end. (You can't hear it, but I'm totally crying.) I love when Chuck's home. He is one of the most involved dads and he helps me out tremendously. He'll dust, vacuum, cook, attend to any and all of Rhett's needs...basically do anything I ask. How could I not love this?

But whenever Chuck has to go back to work after long absences (think Christmas break or storm of the century break) I start getting anxious about being alone with Rhett all day. I really struggle to know how to fill the days.

The reality of him not being around is just starting to sink in. I think that we could easily both be stay-at-home parents if we had enough money. Now to figure out where to get enough money so that we can make that a reality. Any ideas?

P.S. It's been in the 80s this week. That's right: 80s. And yet, my parents are getting snow. I'm not sure which is worse.

5 comments:

  1. Chuck, you're awesome! I'm glad the weather was so nice for you guys to enjoy an outdoor spring break.

    We'd like to figure out how to both be home, too. Let me know when you find the secret :)

    Actually, with Al owning his own business, he has a lot of control over his schedule so he's able to be home a lot and help with the kids...he's even teaching one of Connor's classes in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad you got a good man. nothing can top a good husband and good father. he looks skinny in the picture - he, meaning chuck. he looks good!

    oh yes the days can be sooooo long sometimes. sometimes practically meaning every day. but just do something for yourself while rhett is awake - not just while he naps. can you do that? will he allow you to? that sometimes helps my days - me working on a project while the kids play nearby.

    good luck! and you don't have too much time until summer break, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 80?! so crazy. yes we too woke up to 5 inches of snow yesterday. i can only imagine the pile up at your folks'. that is a great pic of all three males in your life. to solve the what to do all day with the kid, you have another kid and in a couple of years they can entertain each other for a bit so you can get things done. at least that would be my dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. right now i'd take 80's although p has had a FANTASTIC time enjoying the powder days at the resort!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I wish I wouldn't have read that it was in the 80s....sooooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete