Monday, July 9, 2012

4th of July

Because our first full day with power was the 4th, you better believe I had NO desire to be anywhere that wasn't air conditioned. And so I wasn't. I got some much-needed chores done (you know, the kinds that require electricity) and some much-needed grocery shopping (you know, for stuff that requires refrigeration).

There was one part that was unavoidably AC-free: our ward breakfast and fun run. Chuck was in charge of the food and I led the one-mile fun run that took place right before breakfast. We think everything turned out pretty well, all things considered. I am disappointed that I wasn't able to create a start/finish line out of PVC pipe. But I'm sure I can find another excuse to do so.

A friend graciously offered to take Rhett on the run and here he is making a strong finish.

Eating breakfast. This was after he asked another adult friend, "Who is the boss in your house?"


After grocery shopping and naps we thought bowling would be great. If the only reasons were that it's (1) out of the house but (2) still cool, it was a good idea. Rhett did great.


And Ollie. This is HIS face. He does this and kind of breathes out of his nose. It's awesome.


We're still reveling in the air conditioning, and seeing as though Saturday was over 100 degrees (that was over 110 with the heat index!), I think we have reason to do so. This week is supposed to be better. Utah can't come soon enough.

P.S. My sister-in-law and I ran six miles in that heat on Saturday and it may have been the dumbest thing I've done in a long time. Even though we were out the door by 6:30, it was already well into the upper-80s with the heat index. The humidity was just oppressive.

3 comments:

  1. love his face - can't wait to see it in person!

    yes, dumb. i hate running in the heat - i truly think my body can't handle it, since i don't do it. it's just miserable. i can't believe people running at 3 in the afternoon! yikes.

    looks like a good and cool 4th of july!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SO SO SO unbelievably HOT, I am SOOOO glad it's OVER. UGH is right! Thanks for the updates and postings......it's fun to read even though it was quite miserable to experience, I am SURE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i looove ollie's hair!! happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete