Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pictures of the UGH

The first morning we took a walk and Rhett carried this branch for a mile. A MILE.


This was just up the street from us.


And this is what kept us in the dark heat for four days. Four hot, dark days. [Raising my fist in cursing.]


The ice cream man cometh! And he selleth bomb pops! And we eateth them!


The destruction at my in-laws' home, which has all been cleaned up now.








The cleaned fridge and freezer.


Go away and never return derecho!

3 comments:

  1. 1. rhett reminds me of miles in many ways - carrying a huge stick for a mile is one of them. :)

    2. crazy powerline! wow, no wonder the power was out. . .

    3. and whoa in-laws' place. glad everyone was okay!

    4. another YAY! for power back on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is really crazy. I'm so sorry you had no power. I would have died. I'm dying here because it has been a really hot windy summer, but at least it's dry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ¡Derecho, no tienes derecho! -That means "derecho, you have no right!" holy geez branches! I bet there was much rejoicing when that ice cream man got there. Yeah. And we have no food in our fridge either!

    ReplyDelete