Friday, July 13, 2012

Update: OLLIE

Oh this baby, who is quickly becoming not a baby. What a funny little dude.

He's finally got teeth three and four and is maybe getting teeth five and six...you know, only four months after the first two showed up. He's definitely standing and his balance is pretty good. We're trying to get him to walk, but he'd rather crawl. We're also trying to teach him how to go down stairs correctly and he's getting closer there too. He only wants to eat what we do, and gets mad if his dinner doesn't match ours. He knows what he wants and cries when he doesn't get it, or if it gets taken away (cough, cough, RHETT). He still takes two naps a day and wakes us up too early. He doesn't like reclining in things (car seat, strollers, arms) so I wonder if he'll be our little intense boy unlike Rhett who was always so laid back. And other than pulling books off the coffee table and then eating them, we still can't get him to sit still for a book. (Oh how I feel like a failure for this one.) He can wave and clap and is so proud of himself when he does either one. And although I know I'm not supposed to label my child as "shy," Ollie has a tendency to hide his face in our shoulders when strangers say hello to him. But then he quickly steals a glance at the greeter. He seems to prefer Chuck, which is great since right now, Rhett prefers me. And starting next week, no more formula! We got the go-ahead from the doctor to give him real milk and I couldn't be more excited. Down with bottles! Up with sippy cups!

He's a happy little guy and we love him! And he's 11 months! Hooray!


Playing with our new water table that Chuck made. We're hoping it cures Ollie of his addiction to Bruno's water bowl.


Yep, still putting everything into his mouth.

3 comments:

  1. he sounds and looks like a cutie! i can't wait to hang out with him!

    and that water table is so beautiful - so love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute boys. The water table is so beautiful, I agree! Nicely done! We bought one this year. I'm not skilled enough and Justin is studying for the bar! Although I doubt I could have convinced him to make one!

    I'm so sorry for your power being out forever. I know I'm a bit behind, but still. How awful! So sad about having to throw out food :( Glad it's over with!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sounds so much like my little guy. Ollie just looks older to me but I am sure it is because he has HAIR! My babies always seem to be lacking there. H is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete