Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Days 6 - 10: Our Utah Trip in Pictures (a LOT of pictures)

Another five days, another set of awesomeness. We're really embracing all things Utah and Midway, including Creamies. (Chuck had never had one.)

Thursday, Day 6: I sent Chuck and the boys to North Ogden to see Chuck's Aunt Mary and family. I stayed home and worked and nursed the second appearance of a wicked head cold. In the night I was rewarded with a candy-filled episode of Project Runway, which prompted me to buy the rain boots you see below. I mean, c'mon. How could I not? They were on SALE, people.








Friday, Day 7: Feeling much better, but faced with rain, we played it low-key. We visited the local artisan cheese factory and bought way-too-expensive cheese and raw milk. When Chuck assured me he could tell a difference between it and other milks, we decided to have a taste test. I'm happy to say that Chuck aced it. Later we visited the cute quilt shop because I can't go too long without buying (and then using) fabric. In the afternoon we visited a local carousel. After a mini-breakdown, we convinced Rhett to sit on this guy rather than the incredibly-unexciting bench. Maverick cone count: 4.






Saturday, Day 8: Because camping plans were cancelled due to a sick boy but because sick boy was healing, we decided to hike Donut Falls. I don't know how many years it's been since I drove Guardsman Pass, but it was awesome. And who knew that it went to Park City or Midway? Not I. After that we tried Silver Lake, but it wasn't happening so we went home for naps and Olympics. That night, Chuck took Rhett to the Demolition Derby to enjoy all things car crashes.














Sunday, Day 9: Enjoyed another Sunday of church. But this one had a Mormon celebrity: Elder Holland! He tousled Rhett's hair, and commiserated with Ollie over the pain of three hours of church. After naps for everyone, we ate dinner at our good friends' house. Good times!




Monday, Day 10: Because my parents have been so incredibly generous with us staying in their house (even allowing me to increase cable so I can watch Project Runway), we (ahem, well the boys) indulged my dad by going to Salt Lake for an oil change. While waiting, Chuck took the littles to Temple Square on Trax. While at Temple Square, Chuck earned his "I survived a tantrum in a public place!" badge. Good job Charlie! After naps and work, everyone headed to Utah's Olympic Park. Sure, it was more a winter Olympic thing, but it still was appropriate, right? It was really cool to see all the jumpers. Even Chuck wanted to take a stab at it and he's never even been on skis!








3 comments:

  1. Sounds like such an awesome time! (ps Olympics or PR?!) why would the do both at the same time!?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK you guys have seriously done more in Utah in the past two weeks than I did in the 5 1/2 years I lived there. How are you managing it? It sounds like you are having SO much fun.

    And those rain boots are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO glad you guys are having so much fun! And Elder Holland- how cool is that???? I want to take a trip to Utah next year- there is so much to do! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete