Thursday, July 26, 2012

Days 1 - 5: Our Utah Trip in Pictures (a LOT of pictures)

You know how sometimes I complain and tell you that my life is hard? Turns out my life can be hard. But now is not one of those times. We really are having an amazing time here. A normal day is one where I get up and run and then I work until 3. (Sure, I wish I could be here and not work, but someone has to earn the dollars, right?) Chuck takes the boys out before nap 1 for a walk or just plays in the house. After nap 1, the boys usually go do something fun. They come back for lunch and nap 2. And after that, I join them for the fun. We have only eaten out once and after dinner, the boys go down at their regular time so Chuck and I have a couple hours of downtime. It really has been perfect. And here's the photographic evidence:

Saturday, Day 1: Took my dad's "thing" out and ended up at the playground. Played inside and worked on badges. Grocery shopped at Walmart.




Sunday, Day 2: Churched. Drove to Cascade Springs. Family Picture Count = 1.






Monday, Day 3: Rode on the thing. Went to the library. Visited the Homestead Crater, where Rhett was at first quite scared, but then warmed up to it. Rhett did sparklers for the first time. Family Picture Count = 3.












Tuesday, Day 4: Morning walk. Rhett learns to ride a training-wheeled bike! Afternoon at the Homestead for their Pioneer Day celebrations.








Wednesday, Day 5: Morning hike up Dutch Hollow. Afternoon trip to Park City wherein Rhett LOVED the alpine slide and got in a fight with me over who was going to eat three slices of pizza. Rhett claimed it would be he; I took the under. I won. Ollie picked up rocks, put them on a bench, took them off again. It's easy being nearly one.  Family Picture Count = 4.  Maverick cone count = 3.


















5 comments:

  1. We have now quit holding our breath. You're happy; we're happy for you. Since it's our house, neighborhood, etc., we want to know where the bridge is!!! We are so excited you're all having such a great time. Do you plan to repeat any of these activities? Sometimes, though, it's really nice to relax and enjoy the surroundings. Mom & Dad (Love all the photos!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures make it look too good! Keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay - 25 pictures, is that a record for you!? i love them all, seriously. your boys sure are funny and cute - can't believe i get to hang out with them (and their parents!) in like a week. wahoo for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel like i'm on vacation with you, wait i live here. it's so fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys are having a GREAT time! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete