Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Update: ERIN

We're going to start this week of updates with me, since I am the oldest. First, some people have asked when I get to go on my shopping spree. You know, the shopping spree for which Chuck and I saved and saved so that I could replace my quickly-deteriorating clothes for ones that fit and aren't holey nor stained. This spree was only to happen once I got back to pre-Ollie weight.

However, as I got closer and closer to my goal (I'm two pounds away), I realized that my goal weight just wasn't going to cut it. Things that fit my body at 125 pounds (there, I said it) don't fit the same at 127. I have huge doubts that they'll fit at 125. Truth is, this pregnancy changed my body's shape much more so than Rhett's. Since most of the baby weight was all gained right at the belly, it remains at the belly. And since spot reducing is impossible, I'm stuck.

So what to do now? Well, I can't really amp up the exercising now. Maryland's summers are the WORST and I just don't get my regular running. However, it is my goal to lose about seven pounds while in Utah and hopefully that will make things fit better. It kills me that I have to go so much lower than I was, just to get that belly flatter. But so it is. So hopefully when I come back from Utah, I'll be able to roll around in lots of dollars and then use them for the new clothes. But no, I won't tell the people in the stores that I rolled around in the dollars I'm now handing them. Okay. Enough with the body.

I'm getting very VERY excited for Utah. I have a lot of fun activities for us and can't wait to see things I haven't seen in a long time (like Timpanogos Cave) or that I've never seen (the Homestead Crater). I plan on posting our weekly schedule each Sunday so if you'd like to join us on any of our outings, please do!

Work is fine. I really dislike having to work everyday. Blah.

I have a new church calling. In addition to doing the weekly Relief Society newsletter, I now get to do the sacrament meeting program as well. I like this calling.

Whoops. Not done talking about my body. My EYES. Right around Memorial Day, I had some problems with my eyes. I thought it was just that my contacts (that should be tossed after two weeks, but I'd been wearing longer than six weeks) were old. But when I go to see the doc, I'm told that my eyes are swollen, and very badly swollen at that. (I'm sure it has nothing to do with wearing contacts as long as I had been.)  So she asked me to stay out of contacts and I haven't put them in since. I'm so done with glasses. In truth, it hasn't been as bad as I thought, but running in humidity with glasses is pretty bad. They just slide right down the nose. I have an appointment today and I'm hoping I'm given the okay to start wearing contacts again. I really want them for Utah.



That's all for me. Tomorrow's update: Chuck.

4 comments:

  1. I know you're going to love Utah and I so wish I could party THERE with you! But you'll be missed here. Oh so missed.

    Bah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look SO good! and guess what?! we're going to miss each other by a day because I'm pretty sure we're going to be in UT the 16th. :( :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who's the boss? Still laughing about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man, i can't believe you are still in glasses - ugh! i hope the doc's appointment is good news today!

    get a hula-hoop for exercising your abs. i got one - for me! i do it and actually like it. i thought it might help tighten up my flabby post-babies tummy. it has worked, i think - along with no longer buying me chocolate chips! :)

    ReplyDelete