Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I Got Nothing

So what if I've used this title before. It's true.

Ollie is working hard to make sure Bruno gets more-than-he-should-have human food by throwing the entire contents of every meal from the high chair to the floor.  He's sleeping longer in the morning and if we have 5:00 a.m. wake-ups, they're more likely due to Rhett than Ollie. But Ollie and I are enjoying our sans-Rhett mornings by doing things like copying the ward/Relief Society bulletins for my calling, shopping, running errands. Hmmm...maybe I should have said I am enjoying my sans-Rhett mornings.

Rhett has totally adjusted to preschool, I think. He doesn't complain about going and really seems to enjoy it. I'm learning that he's a very devoted and loyal friend. He gets one friend and keeps to her (yes "her"). At church it's Madeleine. At school it's Sarah. Not one for broadening his horizons, this one. Although, sorry Sarah, he's already decided to marry Madeleine and have either two or seven kids. Also, he made his first successful phone call to Madeleine this week. It was awesome. We've done some successful "Make-it Mondays" and even one "Science Friday." We're having good times.


Did I mention that Chuck is now riding his bike to work thrice weekly? Largely spurred by me, but still, he's doing it. And I think he might even kinda just barely teensy bit like it.

And me. I'm just working hard to cross things off my myriad lists. Yesterday I got the passport-renewal check mark and this weekend I hope to be able to check off the shed-organizing because it's been driving me crazy long enough. I'm totally failing when it comes to my chores check list so a new plan of action is being devised.

P.S. Ugh. Suspicions are being confirmed as I type this. My life is lame! See what was happening the last time I posted about having nothing? Almost identical posts (preschool, high chair, tired). So lame. So apologetic. So not going to do anything about it. Except Saturday is Pumpkin Day! Which pumpkin beauty should I make?

P.P.S. One last thing. Promise. I've become quite addicted to my library's "Freegal." It gives me three free MP3 downloads a week. And let me tell you, the selection is near incredible. Serious. My most recent acquisition was "Suddenly Seymour" from
Little Shop of Horrors. That's right: lookin' at you Angie V.

3 comments:

  1. why not make it all! ha, they all look so good and delish.

    sometimes life is just. . . life. nothing more and nothing less. but i still think your life is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "oh MAMA!" i love it, btw i have audrey on my girl name list but i do think it's near the bottom. gotta love that musical.

    i know how you feel when it seems there is nothing. i try to look at it this way, at least i'm not bloggging about unwanted trips to instacare that cost me money i don't have...right?...right!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think your boring life is fascinating. It's the organization that amazes me! Your ability to ACCOMPLISH things! You are such an example to me.

    No question: pumpkin cake donuts or mini croissants. May I invite myself over? ;)

    I love that Rhett is in oscillating monogamous relationships. AND!!!! That phone conversation was AWEOMSE!!!!!!!! Too bad Madeleine got distracted by a book. I was giggling and all smiles the entire time. He's a stud.

    ReplyDelete