Monday, September 10, 2012

I Like this Guy

A few days ago, our dinner plans fell through. It was late on a Saturday afternoon and grocery shopping for the upcoming week still needed to get done. I suggested finding dinner at the grocery store so off we went. Easier said than done apparently because we found nothing. We ended up at the frozen foods aisle and just stared at our options. Taquitos. Hot pockets. Lean Cuisines. Then Chuck said it, the thing that has made me happy ever since: "You know, before we were married I ate this all the time and it tasted good to me. But now, it all just looks disgusting." Do you even know how happy this made me? How happy it still makes me? So very happy.

Sure, sometimes we fall into the he's-more-a-roommate thing, and sometimes he does things that really bother me. We're normal. I'm not very good at the "Ode to Chuck" posts so you're not likely to find them. But don't you worry: I still really like him.


P.S. He's started biking to work three days a week. I think it's awesome.

1 comment:

  1. i think it's awesome, too - go chuck!

    and glad you still like him. i think he's a pretty cool guy, too.

    and super awesome that he'd rather eat what you make than freezer-bought food!

    ReplyDelete