Monday, September 3, 2012

Random Thoughts

The word "reservoir" is pronounced:
a. res-e-voir (all frenchy like)
b. res-e-vore (not at all frenchy like)

You see someone while out and about and you happen to notice that they're wearing garments. Do you say anything, or is that just awkward? Note: You are not in Utah or Idaho.

Sometimes I sleep with one leg hanging off the bed. Is that weird?

Unknown side effect of the dehumidifier #1: Our towels are super dry! Normally, they never get truly dry between showers. But recently I noticed that they are almost a bit rough because they're just that dry. It's awesome.

Unknown side effect #2: Our bedroom (just outside of which the dehumidifier sits) is getting super hot at night. Like 80 degrees hot. Cue chorus of Marylanders: But it's a DRY heat!

Unknown side effect #3: Although it's running all the time (we figure it gets anywhere from 2-4 gallons of water out of our air per day), we're probably coming out even on electricity because we were able to turn up the thermostat. And by that I mean that instead of cooling our house to 75, we can turn up the temp to 77 because it's a DRY cool!

Considering how much time I've spent thinking about just how good it was, I think I must declare leftover-pie-crust-baked-with-cinnamon-and-sugar-sprinkled-on-it my current most favoritest food. Somebody remember this in 11 months and give me just unbaked pie crust for my birthday, okay?

My kids, just like yours I'm sure, put themselves into weird places.


2 comments:

  1. B.

    I usually don't say anything to them - just to Ben or someone.

    Pretty weird. I think I used to do that.

    Cool about the side-effects.

    Fun pie-crust treat, for sure.

    Love where the kids like to play. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehehe!!!!!!!
    I would like to sleep with leg over side because that's super comfy but I'm for real scared of something (or one) grabbing me. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete