Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Things Rhett Says

Chuck and I were driving the boys to our Babysitters' Club house and Rhett was questioning us about where we were going on our date. We told him that we might go clothes shopping for Chuck. Rhett replies, "No, C'MON. Do something fun. I want it to not be boring."

Me: Rhett, you need to learn to eat things other than sandwiches for lunch.
Rhett: I do, like, cereal and noodles...and...cilantro.

Chuck and I were talking about "A Christmas Story" the movie. We surmised that Rhett had seen it and were asking him if it was true.
Chuck: It's a movie about a boy who wants a BB gun. You know, a gun that shoots BBs.
After a minute or so of silence...
Rhett: Who would want to shoot babies?

After getting him dressed for church, he looks in the mirror and says, "I look like a young man."


And immediately after this shot, he drops Ollie on his head.


And then after church, he falls asleep in quiet time while "reading." Oh I love this boy. (See his sleepy face in the mirror?)

5 comments:

  1. cilantro? so awesome.

    awwwww, so sweet - who would want to shoot babies? love it.

    he's a completely handsome young man, that's for sure. so adorable.

    he's one of the funniest little boys i know - funny and smart, a great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cilantro and eating babies!!?!?! I love it! So, so great. He's got a great noggin' on him. And I love that he still naps sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so sweet! He definitely looks like a "young man"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the pic of the sleepy boy in the mirror, so great! and that ollie, man! i could pick him up and put him in my pocket and take him home with me. if i didn't live so far away of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the things Rhett says........too cute. Sleepy little faces are my favorite.....AND did you do something "fun" for date night or stay the course and shop for Chuck? ;)

    I"m excited to see your map!!!

    ReplyDelete