Monday, September 24, 2012

Latest Projects

A friend is having a baby girl soon, and that means I get to make girl clothes! This came from a pattern from here.


No surprise that I saw this on Pinterest. (The pin is really bad, but it's pretty clear how to do something like this on your own.) But the surprise is that I actually came up with the back all on my own. Amazing, no? We'll have him handprint each year to see how big he's getting! I'm sure he'll love this when he's 17. And yes, I'm making a lot of assumptions like (1) he'll actually graduate and (2) that he won't get held back. But I'm hopeful.




Rhett was given a choice between a couple of different backpack patterns and this is the one he picked. It was a lot of work; I won't lie. But I am pleased and so is he!


Another friend of mine is having a baby boy (my typo was "baboy" but me likes!) so I made these. I really really want to keep them. Or just make a set for my boys.


Our next-door neighbor recently turned six and invited Rhett to her birthday party. So I copied an Anthropologie apron and was pretty pleased with how it turned out.


The boys got matching Halloween t-shirts. I'm a little disappointed with the what's-supposed-to-be-orange bat. It looks more pink. Oh well.


P.S. Seriously? I guess this is one thing I won't be making. Bye bye billion dollar income.

P.P.S. I've got a bunch of other things in the craft hopper, but I've been a bit crafty-ADD so nothing else is finished.

2 comments:

  1. wow, everything is super fantastic. the shirt - especially the back! - is so great. i'm sure #1 and #2 won't happen - but what about skipping a grade. . .? ;)

    whoa - that backpack is seriously amazing. looks super hard, but super cool. nice work.

    bow ties are always awesome - especially with super fabric like you used.

    and that apron is a beaut! i'm making one for a girls' b-day party (miles' friend) for saturday but it won't be nearly as pretty! you're amazing.

    the bats are very cool and it totally looks orange to me.

    sorry about the badges. come up with another idea. . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. that dress!? so, so, so cute!!!! that fabric is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete