Friday, September 7, 2012

Rhett's First Day of Preschool

Before last week's orientation day, I was nervous about Rhett and preschool. Sure, I knew he'd be fine after he was there for a bit. But I was pretty sure he wouldn't be fine when I left him. After last week's orientation day, however, that all changed. He was super excited and not a bit nervous.

The morning started early for me as I wanted to finish the special "First Day of School" breakfast that Rhett requested. (Breakfast actually started with one pack of "smarties" but we won't talk about that.)


Before breakfast, however, he said goodbye to Dad!


Sadly, the little dude didn't care very much for the breakfast breadsticks and opted for a bowl of cereal instead. It's okay because I didn't care too much for them either. (That doesn't mean I didn't eat any, of course.)


After breakfast, it was time for pictures! First, this shirt which he'll wear every year....


...each year adding a hand print on the back.


Then pictures without the shirt...


...with the new backpack...


...and with the unhappy brother.


Finally we made it to school. We checked him in, hung up the backpack, and found his seat. Then time for me to go!


And how did I do? Just fine! I admit I got a little teary-eyed driving away. This was not because "my-baby-is-growing-up-so-fast," but more "he's-without-me-and-I-can't-protect-him-from-things!" But after enjoying the grocery store with only one kid, I quickly forget about it.

His first words when I picked him up? "I loved it!" Let's just hope he understands that he has to go back today and then next Monday and then Wednesday and then...

6 comments:

  1. so were the smarties from you???? (or should i not ask? :)

    i saw that shirt idea on pinterest - pretty cute and awesome.

    the other shots are great, too. he's so handsome! and i'm so glad he had a great first day! here's hoping he has a great 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and so on.

    p.s. his backpack looks awesome - nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks adorable. Love the shirt idea - that is a great tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The shirt is such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the idea of the T-Shirt. I love that he can grow into it year by year. (I just might steal that from you when Becca starts Preschool next year). So fun to see your cute boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I LOVE LOVE that shirt on the first day......GENIUS idea, and well done for a "first timer" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shirt is Awesome! You are so clever!

    ReplyDelete